The Highlands Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1931 to be the voice of business on the Highlands’ plateau and the surrounding area. The Current location is The Marchant-Parker-Davis-Patterson House at the corner of 1st and Main Streets.
The Chamber is governed by a Board of Directors that is elected from the membership. There are nine directors with three elected annually for a three-year term. The Board hires an Executive Director to manage the daily operations of the Chamber. Bob Kieltyka is the Executive Director, Dale Gordon is the Marketing and Project Manager and Beverly Wichman is the Events and Visitor Center Coordinator.
The Chamber and Visitor Center offer a full slate of membership services (See Benefits Section) as well as managing the tourism events, including the Fourth of July festivities and fireworks, Downtown Trick or Treating, The Highlands Food and Wine Festival, Town Christmas Tree Lighting, and the Christmas Parade. They serve visitor needs with brochures, maps, reservations, and advice. Information packets are also sent to those requesting information through e-mails, phone calls, and various ads placed by the Visitor Center in major publications.